Dear Parents and Students,
This week we have been studying recycling. We have discussed what can and cannot be recycled, and where to take recycling. We talked about the ways that we have recycled in the past and came up with new ways to reduce the amounts of trash that we all produce in the future.
There are a few entertaining and informative sites that I have found that can teach the students more about recycling.
All that stuff that we throw away may not all really belong in a trash can. Learning what can and can't be recycled is the first step in becoming good recyclers. Learn what isn't really trash at this site.
The whole family can get involved in this home survey. The survey asks questions about recycling at home and will tell you how earth-friendly your household is. It might end up giving you new ideas to cut back on your trash production.
Take a trip to Recycle City!! This site has a map that will let your student click on just about anything. Everything on the map is related to recycling. When you click on something it tells you about that items impact on the environment. While on this site the students could just look around the town, or they could do the activity that is on the site by choosing the link that says activities. There is also a game on the site called Dumptown. I could not get my computer to load the game, but if you can I bet it's a good one.
I want to encourage to whole family to take part in these activities about recycling. There are many things included in the activities that I did not realize.
Miss Turner
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment